[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: linux and mklinuximage take 2

I have installed binutils-2.11, but the '-oformat binary' has changed to
'--oformat binary'.  I editted the configure script appropriately so that the
-oformat binary test worked correctly.

However, after doing more reading on the web, I found that I may have been
better off with binutils-2.9.1.  So after intalling it, and running the old
configure script, I got the following output, which is also the same output I
received with the edited configure script for binutils-2.11.

NB: config.cache deleted each time before running ./configure

..
checking assembler prefix for 32-bit addresses in .code16 mode... addr32;
checking .code16 generates native 16 bit code... yes
checking for .code16gcc assembler directive... no
configure: warning: must have .code16gcc if .code16 generates 16 bit
code--punting .code16
..
checking if ld supports -format binary... yes
checking if ld supports -oformat binary... yes
configure: warning: Cannot build Linux boot adaptor (boot/linux).
..

So it appears the problem is with .code16gcc.

Once again, any help appreciated.

cheers,

Vaughan Knight