[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: OSKit and QNX ?

"Trevor W. Pearce" <pearce@sce.carleton.ca> writes:
> I have a project that includes porting Kaffe to QNX.  I downloaded
> version 1.0.6 from the Kaffe site and followed the install
> instructions. Unfortunately, there were some glitches :( As newbies to
> OSKit, the glitches in Kaffe install process seem a bit intimidating.
> [...]

I think I'm missing something important here.

If what you want to do is run Kaffe on QNX, why are you using the OSKit?

I wouldn't normally expect someone to use the OSKit with Kaffe unless
they want to build Godmar Back's KaffeOS (lets you run Kaffe on raw
x86 hardware without needing Linux, BSD, QNX or any other traditional
OS layer) or they want to build the JanosVM/Moab/OSKit developed by
Janos (our active network project).

If all you want is to run Kaffe on QNX, all you should need is Kaffe,
QNX and some compilation (or cross-compilation?) tools.  The only
thing the OSKit might contribute to this task is an example of how
Kaffe can be ported to non-mainstream platforms.

--
Alastair Reid        reid@cs.utah.edu        http://www.cs.utah.edu/~reid/