[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: i386-gnu OSKit (Was: something funny about...)

> small patch for OSKit if I can crack it. The trick is to not interfere
> with any of the other possible configurations. I'm trying something
> like this:

WOO HOO!!
ANOTHER KLUDGE!!
A few more and you'll be in record teritory...

Damnit, people.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!! This is *BAD* (in the absolute superlative sense of the
word) software.

Get rid of automake completely, and do things the Right Way(tm).

Make the source conform to the standards.
Create a single makefile that assumes absolutly nothing about the host
except that it will be compiled with an ANSI C compiler. -- And I mean
NOTHING, It should have absolutly no idea what the target platform looks
like, wheather it has a filesystem, wheather it has a terminal, or
anything, only that it has a compatable version of MAKE and a C
compiler... (If that's not enough, the C standard should be extended...)

It should compile under DOS, MINIX, BeOS, my TI-85, the XT in the attic,
The global mainframe on Tau Ceti 4... Adding a kludge for each OS is
__WRONG__ to the point of being diabolicly evil. "You are not permitted
to run platforms we don't approve of, including the OS this kit is
supposed to help you make."

I hate GNU software. =\
At least I don't have to put up with crap like this in windows 3.11. =P

--
People who think that destructive brain uploading is an acceptable and
positive choice should be committed to the mental hospital for suicidal

Follow-Ups: References: