[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: OSKit 20000505 snapshot, realtime & sched support: Cinco de M ayo

Title: RE: OSKit 20000505 snapshot, realtime & sched support: Cinco de Mayo

I can tell you a little bit about it.

Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican commemorative day.  On this day, many years ago, the Mexicans won a decisive battle against, I believe, the French.  Being somewhat similar to the United States' battle of Georgetown, it's not a national holiday, but rather recognized as an important day in Mexico's history - a decisive battle.

Cinco de Mayo is NOT Mexico's independence day, as some believe.  Mexico's independence day is around the 15th of September.  Not sure what day exactly, though.

So, we could call May 5 "Cinco de OSKit" (the fifth OSKit), and make this snapshot the fifth official release (somehow) . . . ??

Richard Schilling
Lake Stevens, WA