[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

documentation bugs in "Cinco de Mayo"

  Hello,

  The snapshot "Cinco de Mayo" has some documentation bugs. The file
README is not updated at all, so it says some obsolete statements. For
example:

   Note that the OSKit CANNOT be built with gcc-2.95 or egcs 1.x.
   This is due to several problems with the Linux driver code and other
   issues that we are working on.  If you must use 2.95, you may have
   some luck by removing the inline string routines in the Linux code and
   using C versions.

IIRC, Roland recommended that you should use gcc-2.95.2, but the
statement above says the reverse. I think someone responsible for the
documentation needs to check the contents of the file entirely.

  Another minor bug is in the file INSTALL. The first line is:

[See the doc dir for more specific install instructions.]

But the installation instructions are actually written in the file
README and the directory doc seems not to have useful information for
the installation at all.

Thanks,
Okuji